zondag 18 augustus 2013

Being me ...

A friend of me asked me a question.  A question about me personally. I couldn’t really answer it, because I’m not that self-assured. He said: “How could you not be proud of yourself? You are the only person in the whole world like you are. Everybody is unique.” I started thinking and asked him how he stands in life. He answered me that he just believed in himself and he just does what he wants to do. He doesn’t care about what others think, he wants to be himself and is proud of whom he is. I started to tell him my story and why I’m not that proud of myself and he said: “I know how that is, believe me, I’ve been through that too, but you are a super girl and you can be yourself with me. Don’t be afraid of who you are, nobody is perfect and fake people have the most ugly personality you could imagine.  I was so relieved and happy when he said that. I decided to look at life the same as he does. Nothing can stop me from following my dreams and nobody has the right to think he is better than I am. I’m proud of who I am, what I’ll become and what I did. Life is just too short to live in the shadows of others. 

Geen opmerkingen: